Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Toddler Activities

I've been trying to find new and fun things to do with Simon to stay ahead of his learning curve! One thing I found was to make colored ice cubes and then put two primary colors in different baggies and watch them melt to make a secondary color. Initially he loved the colored ice cubes but as they started to melt he lost interest until the ice cubes were really small. Then he liked pushing them around in the bags. I still have a rainbow of ice cubes in my freezer to try this activity again OR we'll put one in the bathtub here and there!

4 comments:

  1. great idea, Ellen! My boys would love this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Did you speed up the melting process at all or did he just come back to the bags over time to see them change? We do Crayola Color Dropz in the bath often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just came back here and there to the melting ice cubes! I would rub them around in my hands to help them melt a little faster and they weren't super solid when I started either!!!

      Delete
  3. Fun! I'm going to try this with Eli.

    ReplyDelete