Saturday, March 10, 2012

Home Improvements: Part 3 The Curtains

Six months ago (but who's counting?!) we decided to paint an accent wall in our family room. I have a blue kitchen which I am very fond of so since the kitchen opens up to the FR we chose the accent wall to be a shade of blue darker then the kitchen. Personally I think it is one of the best decisions we made to make our FR pop a little more. Anyway, this meant I had to find new accent pillows, art for the wall and a new valence. The first two were not too hard. Finding a valence, however, was not as easy. Wouldn't you know one night at every man's dream store, Lowe's, I found a panel curtain on clearance. BINGO! My mother is a genius as she suggested a panel and that she would magically transform (aka sew) it to a valence for me. Better late than never we have a beautiful valence in our FR that really completes the room. AND she made one for my garden window in the kitchen! Thanks mom!
PS - Isn't that monkey hanging on the door creepy?! But it makes my little man laugh so it stays!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the valances, Ellen! They make me want to get some decorating done around here...hmm... :)

    ReplyDelete