Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why are they called EARS of corn?

The question of the day...we never did come up with a good answer!

My family got together yesterday to freeze 27 dozen ears of corn. This is the second year in a row we have done it at my parent's house and we have our system down! Husking begins in the afternoon...

Then when the men get home from work we start cooking! My dad has this awesome outdoor cooker with 3 burners so we get the corn boiling!

After it's cooked we cool it a bit in water and then drain the ears...and then

the corn is scraped off into pans and the ladies bag it to freeze! It's a daunting task but a lot of fun when we all pitch in. Plus my parents always host so I don't have to clean up the mess!!! (Thanks mom and dad!)
We also celebrated my dad's birthday with some ice cream cake! Here are a few other pictures from our time together. Simon is cross-eyed for corn!


No comments:

Post a Comment