Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1000 Piece Puzzle...DONE!

It only took 5 1/2 months to do it but it is finished!
I started this puzzle back in March on a weekend my mother-in-law was here to visit. We successfully finished the border that weekend. Don't ask me why I would start this big project two months before I was to have a baby - blame it on pregnancy brain! Between working full-time, coaching middle school soccer, preparing for a baby and freezing lots of meals I slowly chipped away at the puzzle until Simon was born. Once Simon came home I don't think I touched the puzzle for two months. I should make note that this puzzle sat on my dining room table so at least it was "out of the way."

Then July came! Some friends were staying with us and we were hosting a cookout one evening. And as it usually does whenever we host a cookout, it poured right before everyone was to arrive. We scrambled to move everything indoors which meant we needed the dining room table! Have no fear - Chris said he had a big piece of cardboard in the basement we could transfer the puzzle to! BAD IDEA! In the process of "sliding" the puzzle to the cardboard it fell apart and more fell apart as it was carried to the basement! What was I going to do?! Hours of work GONE! I got over it pretty fast :)

Anthony, who was staying at our house, apparently enjoys puzzles. He told me he would set it back up for me and get it back to where it was if not complete more of the puzzle! Sure enough the next morning he had retrieved the random pieces from the basement and had it back together on the dining room table. So for the next day Anthony, Jessica (his wife) and I worked at the puzzle here and there.

Finally in August I was able to finish the puzzle! Now I don't know what to do! Just kidding - I have plenty to keep me busy! But I did need to take a picture of it before I tear it apart and put it away in the closet. And as a side note, Jessica and Anthony purchased one of those puzzle storage kits for me so next time I have to clear my dining room table my puzzle will be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment