Sunday, August 22, 2010

To my friend Kat


This post is dedicated to my dear friend Kat. Kat and I met the summer going into 5th grade. She was moving to Pennsylvania from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - quite a change in scenery and culture! We were in 5th and 6th grade together until I switched to public school in 7th grade but we still saw each other every Sunday at church. In high school she moved to Columbus, Ohio and sadly we lost touch a bit (this was before email and Facebook)! But when it came time for college Kat and I realized we were both attending Grace College in Indiana and were both recruited to play soccer so we became roommates! We were "roomies" for two years and then went our seperate ways. Kat got married after our junior year and I lived off campus. After college she and her husband, Matt, lived in Indiana for a few years and then moved to North Carolina. I ended up in Ohio and Seattle. Low and behold who would have thought we would both end up back in Lancaster, PA where it all started in the 5th grade?!!


I have so many funny memories with Kat. She is a great friend and I am so glad we can always pick up where we left off. And I am so excited she is having her third baby in early 2011.


This past Friday while Chris was at home sick, Simon, Bernie and I headed over to Kat and Matt's house for pizza. Her two daughters, Kyla and Eliza, love to play with Bernie, or Brownie as they call him! Here are a few pics from our evening. Love ya, Kat!! (Don't mind how good I look - it had been a long day!)












3 comments:

  1. I think you both look beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her girls are just precious! Love the pics of them and Bernie! Bet he ate up all the attention!

    ReplyDelete